7/31/2009

The Lego Store

Yesterday, as you might have known, the Alabama Lego store opened. The place was packed. The place was also awesome. Sorry that I don't have photos of the store. I'll take my camera when I visit the grand opening, or maybe even next Tuesday (that's the monthly mini-model build.)

I do, however, have some photos of what I got:

This was my custom minifig package: Rail Worker (left), Trucker (right), Adam (center). I had wanted an Adam minifig for a while, so when I saw the chance, I made him first and the rest are just so I could get him. (I didn't have that sunglasses head on the rail worker, though, except in skin color. So that's good.)
The Dwarf Battle Pack. I had been looking for this for a while. I was rather excited to find it. But for a second there, I wasn't sure whether to get the dwarfs or the trolls. You can see how I decided. (Note: Besides the 5 dwarfs, this set also has a barrel of tools. It's just behind the Dwarf king, so you can't see it.
Since I spent 25 dollars (the custom minifigures cost 10 dollars and the dwarfs cost 15 dollars), I got (drumroll.....) my first loyalty stamp! Just 7 more for my 10 dollar Lego gift card!

Oh, yeah, you remember the mini-model build I told you about? If I go, I'll show you how to build it. I'm pretty sure the August one is a lobster.